When you give a teen the keys to a car:
- You discuss responsibility.
- You take the time to teach them.
- You show them the different features and controls.
- They have studied and passed a test of basic knowledge.
- You limit the amount of time or how far they can go.
- You discuss which types of roads to drive on or avoid.
- You feel confident in their ability to handle the responsibility.
Should it be any different when you give them their first digital device?
This post was inspired by a conference session on Disruptive Leadership at FETC by Sylvia Martinez.