We’ve seen in-person education events of all shapes, sizes and flavors return this year. If you’ve been out of the conference game for a while, here are my Top 5 “DO NOT FORGET” items when traveling to conferences. This is my attendee list- if you’re presenting, that’s a story for another day. What did I miss? Let me know!
- A surge protector that fits in your backpack – Outlets are at a premium at shows. I prefer this one, but get whatever you’d like!
- An extra duffel bag packed in your suitcase – If you are a “free stuff collector”, this is a must have!
- Comfortable shoes – ‘Nuff said.
- Refillable water bottle – Stay hydrated out there!
- Snacks – You never know what will be available at the show. Keep yourself fueled up. I like bringing a few LaraBars (Apple Pie is my favorite) and my own tea bags (Rooibos Madagascar Vanilla and Twinings English Breakfast) since the good ones are usually taken!
- Bonus sixth item – ALL the chargers and cords… clean up that rat’s nest and use cable ties, one of these Grid-It jams, or Velcro to organize them.